- Admitted to bar, 1997, Illinois; 1998, District of Columbia and Minnesota; U.S. District Court, Northern, Central and Southern Districts of Illinois, and U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit.
- Education: University of Notre Dame (B.A., 1994; J.D., 1997).
- Member: Chicago, Illinois State and Minnesota State Bar Associations; The District of Columbia Bar; American Immigration Lawyers Association; National Association of College and University Attorneys; Association of International Educators; Society for Human Resource Management.
- Practice Area: Immigration Law
- Special Assistant Attorney General, State of Illinois, 1997-2001.
- Mr. Arkell has successfully argued cases before the Illinois Supreme Court, Illinois Appellate Court, Illinois Court of Claims, U.S. District Court and Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Selected as a leading lawyer by his peers in the areas of Immigration Law, Employment Law and School (University) Law.
Mr. Arkell has represented Fortune 500 clients, start-up companies, state and private universities, faculty members, researchers, scientists, physicians, high profile professional and amateur athletes and sports teams with complex immigration matters for two decades.
He has developed a strong network of contacts throughout the United States to help get cases approved in an expeditious manner. His extensive use of technology allows him to effectively and efficiently represent clients across the world.
Mr. Arkell was an F-1 international student and then permanent resident before obtaining his U.S. citizenship. His personal experience navigating the immigration process makes him understand the concerns of his clients. He is able to clearly explain how the application process works which allows his clients to focus on their businesses or careers without worrying about the immigration process.